As technology is continually developing and new technologies emerging, we as a school will strive to give all pupils the skills to prepare them for their future. Through teaching Computing, we facilitate children’s participation in a world of rapidly-changing technology. We enable them to find, explore, analyse, exchange and present information. We also help them develop the necessary skills for using information in a discriminating and effective way. This is a major part of enabling children to be confident, creative and independent learners.
Our aims are:
- To enhance and extend children’s learning across the whole curriculum whilst developing motivation and social skills.
- For children to have access to a range of Computing resources including emerging technologies.
- For children to achieve success in Computing by learning the skills set out in our scheme of work (PurpleMash).
- To allow children the opportunity to choose and use Computing creatively in all areas of the curriculum enabling them to see the relevance of Computing in everyday life.
- For all staff to continually improve and develop their Computing skills through professional development.
- To use Computing to promote links with parents and the wider community. The ethos of learning will be inclusive and will enable parents to engage with their child's learning, beyond the school-day.
Teach all pupils how to use the internet safely, not by limiting their use of the internet, but by teaching sensible use of it.