At Sharow CE Primary School, we are committed to high achievement for all, supporting children and their families in making the best of the opportunities available to them. All children should have the opportunity to feel valued, to experience success and feel positive about themselves. If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Sharow CE School firmly believes that:
• All pupils are equally valued and the school has high expectations and aspirations for all
• All pupils are the shared responsibility of all staff
• All pupils are entitled to a broad and balanced curriculum which is personalised and focused on outcomes.
• Teaching and learning will be adapted to suit the needs of learners and recognise different routes to achievement
• Early and accurate identification of needs is essential
• There will be a flexible continuum of provision for pupils with SEND
• SEND and high needs funding will be used efficiently to ensure good progress of pupils with additional needs
• Staff will be given appropriate training to allow them to meet a wide range of needs
• Parents will be fully involved as partners in their child’s education
• Pupils will be encouraged to give their views on what learning is like for them
• Governors will have access to information which will allow them to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the SEND policy
What is the Local Offer?
Along with all schools, the Local Authority are required to provide information to parents on how to seek additional support beyond that which is ‘normally available’ for their child.
The local offer is an outline of the services available for children and young people in North Yorkshire. The local offer details the services available to children and families from 0-25. The main aim of the local offer is to enable families to see readily the support they can expect locally without having to struggle to find the information.
The North Yorkshire local offer can be accessed through the following link: North Yorkshire Local Offer
What is SENDIASS?
SENDIASS North Yorkshire is a service for parents and carers of young people aged 0-25 with special educational needs and /or disabilities (SEND) as well as young people themselves. It is impartial, which means it is not bias and gives confidential information, advice and support that is arms length to the Local Authority. SENDIASS is an independent team of highly trained and experienced SEND specialists, whose role is to give families, children, young people and professionals impartial and unbiased advice and support. SENDIASS can be access through the following link: SENDIASS North Yorkshire